Skydive Delmarva - Delaware Skydiving Center
We offer two ways to make your first skydive!
$215 weekdays/$225 weekends
$179 weekdays/$189 weekends
Group discounts available
A tandem skydive is the fastest and most popular way to make your first skydive. You will wear a harness which connects you to an instructor. You will free fall for about 60 seconds then the instructor will deploy the parachute and guide you both back to the dropzone. A tandem skydive requires only about 20 minutes of training but you should plan to be at the airport for about two hours. Read more about tandem skydiving.
Learn to Skydive: AFF Program
$315 weekdays/$325 weekends
$289 weekdays/$299 weekends
Group discounts available
Accelerated Freefall (AFF) Skydiving is a course which teaches you all the skills necessary to skydive on your own. On the day of your first jump you will go through a six hour class. We'll go over gear you will use, how to exit the plane, the best position for free fall, and how to fly and land a parachute. When you're ready to jump you will get your own parachute. You'll jump with two instructors who will hold onto you during your 60 second free fall. You'll pull your own parachute and you will then receive assistance by radio to help you fly and land the parachute. You should allow a full day for an AFF skydive. Read more about AFF skydiving.
Choosing a dropzone to make your first skydive is an important desision and we highly encourage you to do your research. Questions you should ask include what kind of plane do you use, what altitude will we jump from, how many people can jump together, do you have professional videographers, do you offer AFF jumps or tandem only. At Skydive Delmarva we pride ourselves on making your first skydive the safest and most fun it can be. Here's how we do it:
- We are the only dropzone in Maryland or Delaware to use a Super Otter aircraft. That means we can take more than two people skydiving at a time -- we can take as many as seven together!
- We are the only dropzone in MD or DE to fly above 12,000 feet for regular price -- we go to 13,500 for a longer free fall. Other area dropzones either won't go that high or will charge much more.
- We are the only dropzone in Maryland or Delaware that has always offered both tandem skydiving and the
Accelerated Freefall (AFF) program so if you loved your tandem skydive and want to take the next step or if you want to jump right into skydiving as a hobby you can do it all with us.
- We have professional videographers on staff who will jump with you to get the most amazing shots if you purchase our Video & Picture package. Beware of other dropzones that offer a "hand cam" video or picture package where your instructor will be taking all the pictures at arm's length.
- Learn all the other reasons you should make your skydive with us.
Tandem or AFF
If you're having trouble deciding which jump to make check here for some things to consider when choosing: Tandem vs. AFF skydiving
Video and Pictures Package
Our video and pictures package includes a DVD video and a CD with high resolution jpeg photographs. Your videographer will capture everything from gearing up, making your way to the airplane, the ride up, the freefall and landing. Your video will be edited with special effects and music. Learn more about the Video and Pictures Package