Reminders and Cancellation Policy
Skydive Delmarva is a very popular and busy skydiving center. We limit our bookings to ensure a jump for each person who has made a reservation, for this reason we require a $50.00 non-refundable deposit per person. Barring unforeseen or unfavorable occurrences such as bad weather or other variables, you will jump the same day you receive your training.
- You must be eighteen years of age or older. (Be prepared to show a photo identification.) You must be in sound mental and physical condition and weigh less than 240lbs (Tandem), 225lbs (AFF). If there is a question of health a Doctors note might be necessary.
- Please understand the appointment you have made is for your due time of arrival in order to take care of administration and preparation for your skydive. YOU DO NOT JUMP WITHIN 5 MINUTES OF ARRIVING AT THE AIRFIELD!
- We do of course do our best to get you in the air in as timely a manner as possible after we have taken care of the necessary administration, training and preparation for your skydive. In many instances it is possible that you may complete your skydive and be on your way within a couple of hours. However, taking all things into consideration such as weather conditions, the number of other students, your classroom and/or ground training & preparation, aircraft space and instructor & freefall videographer/photographer availability and other variables, YOU MUST BE PREPARED TO STAY ALL DAY, we cannot stress this enough! Bring a picnic, a Frisbee or a book and relax in the countryside!
- Anyone who needs to cancel his or her appointment must do so 7 days prior to the set date. For groups of 10 or more a 14 day cancellation notice is required. You may not cancel or reschedule your appointment after the allotted time period without the loss of your $50.00 per person deposit.
- You and each person in your group MUST SHOW UP at the appointed time in order for your party to benefit from the group discounts/referral fees!
- If you are unable to jump the same day you will be issued a voucher to bring with you for your rescheduled skydive. NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED!
- No alcoholic beverages allowed during operating hours by either students or spectators! Children must be closely supervised by an adult at all times.
- Please dress as you would for any other sport for the time of the year. Dress comfortably, casually and wear sneakers.
- It is the responsibility of the person making the reservation to be sure that everyone in the group receives a copy of this policy. Any one who does not agree to these conditions should cancel their appointment before the allotted seven (7) or fourteen (14) day cancellation period.
Things To Consider
Aviation and Skydiving is an expensive business. The amount of organization and unseen expense and effort that goes into providing your moment of glory in the sky is enormous, as is the commitment made by our staff to be ready and able to provide everything needed for you to make your skydive in a safety conscious environment.
We provide you with the premiere skydiving aircraft available. We only operate Twin Turbine Engine Aircraft with safety restraints and fly with below capacity loads. Your jumps will be made using relatively new state of the art parachutes with the latest safety devices and carefully maintained reserve parachutes. Our Staff are among the most experienced in the industry with most having made many thousands of skydives!
How far ahead should I make my deposit and schedule my skydive?
We never know how far ahead a given day will fill up. Some day's book up a month in advance, others fill up just a little before. If you have your heart set on a certain day, it is a good idea to send in your deposit a month or more in advance. If you are more flexible in scheduling, then it might not hurt to wait till closer to your desired jump date. Usually two or three weeks are adequate. But don't hesitate to call 1-888-875-3540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to see if we can take you that same day or on short notice. In general Saturdays are our busiest days with much more flexibility in scheduling for Sundays and weekdays (excluding Tuesdays)!
PLEASE NOTE: A booking is only considered firm on receipt of your deposit!
Can I get a refund if the weather is bad?
Out of the many first jumps made across the nation each year many are made when the weather is inclement somewhere! Just because the weather is unsuitable (or YOU think it is) where you are, doesn t mean it is where you are scheduled to be to make your skydive! In any year at Skydive Delmarva, some days we will have skydives scheduled when the weather just does not co-operate. If we were to follow weather predictions or only make skydives on days that are predicted to be suitable we would be wasting the opportunity to make many skydives in great weather and our business would soon fail! We will not jump in unsafe weather conditions! However, in most cases we won't know until just before the time for you to jump if the weather conditions are acceptable or not!
Furthermore, due to our location and the difference in weather conditions that often occur between the Delmarva Peninsula and other Mid-Atlantic areas, we often experience great skydiving weather while other competitive operations are closed down! We tend to ignore the weather reports and see how the day turns out, we suggest you do the same if you wish to skydive!
When you come out to jump and if the weather is bad, we will give you a voucher for you to come back and make your skydive. No refunds are issued, only reschedules! It is the jumpers responsibility to reschedule if the weather is bad. We provide aircraft, instruction, equipment, Instructors and a place to skydive, but it is your responsibility to reschedule and get yourself back to the airport at the appropriate time!
Bearing all this in mind, you are expected to turn up to make your jump as scheduled! If you fail to turn up for your appointment, there will be no refund issued or applied to another time. We need at least (7) (14) days notice in order for you to change your appointment without forfeiting your $50 deposit(s).
Do you accept walk in business?
Yes we do. However, without pre-scheduling we cannot guarantee to have space, equipment, aircraft or staff availability in order to service you. In the event that we may be able to fit you in as walk in business, you will be asked to wait patiently until a lull in scheduled business occurs or all scheduled business for the day has been serviced and instructors are available!
The Latest at Skydive Delmarva
New Pictures posted on Facebook
May 9-10, 2013
More Pictures on Facebook from
May 4, 2013
New Pictures posted on Facebook
May 4, 2013
New Video on YouTube
May 1, 2013